Friday, August 15, 2008

Healer

So...I've realized that I'm not a great blogger! I'm going to try and be more timely in my posts...but the next couple weeks are going to be crazy! My school's inservice starts this coming Monday...and the kiddos come the following Monday! Yikes! Where did the summer go?? Christopher has started his new job as a dispatcher at the Humble Police Department. He's enjoying the change of pace and the constant learning that is going on. I get to hear the amazing stories about the people that he gets to talk to! Christopher is also working on his application for the Houston Police Department's Academy. I know...I know...we were suppose to be headed for Russia, but God has a different course for us to take right now. It looks like we'll be in the States...and Houston...for a while longer! God is so good and gracious!

I have a couple prayer requests to send out to our prayer warriors. Please pray that Christopher and I will continue to follow God's will...and be patient in waiting for it. My mother could also use your prayers. She is moving into her new house...and needs to be out of the one she's lived in for 29 years by the 30th of September. Obviously this is a BIG change for her. Please pray that she continues to lean and rely on God for her strength...and that she has peace about the new adventures that lay before her. Lastly for now...my anxiety has been quite the thorn for the past couple of weeks. Please be praying for healing and that I would continue to turn to our sovereign Lord for my comfort, protection, and peace.

I'm including a verse and an amazing story on here that I read from another friend's blog.

Philippians 3:10-11: "-That I may know HIM and the POWER of HIS resurrection, and may share HIS sufferings, becoming like HIM in HIS death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."

Here are her humbling and inspiring words:
"WOW! I felt so convicted because the first part of that verse is easy to take---YES who does NOT want to KNOW the POWER of THE RESURRECTION of CHRIST, BUT...its that second part that stopped me in my tracks--AND SHARING in HIS SUFFERINGS? How MANY of us can say in what ever circumstance you give or take away ---"BLESSED BE YOUR NAME?""



2 comments:

thetriggers said...

so great to hear from you. looks like all is well in your life! i look forward to keeping up with you! emily

Oakstream Photography said...

Hey sweets I'll say a prayer for ya!!!

So you live in Houston? Cause my husband's brother & wife live in Deer Park which is about an hour from Houston...toward the Galveston way. We visit them at least once a year so the next time where're that way I'll let ya know ;-)