Saturday, November 22, 2008

Erin's Senior Session

Erin and I headed out at 7:30am this morning for our fun shoot! We had SO much fun that we didn't get finished until 11:30am! We initially went to Main Street in Tomball...and found ourselves some treasures. We spotted a train that we thought would be fun and all of a sudden all of these beautiful, old, restored cars...and a horse drawn carriage...rolled into our vicinity! Apparently, Tomball was having their Christmas parade today! God is SO good...I am continually in awe of Him. After our run in with the parade, Erin and I headed down some allies, found a fun antique shop, and eventually my little car found a Starbucks to help refuel our tired bodies. The last part of the morning was spent on a beautiful trail near Christopher and my apartment. I had such a wonderful time with Erin. Not only did we have fun on the shoot, but we became closer sisters in Christ. Erin...you are such a beautiful young woman and I am blessed to know you!

























4 comments:

Tara Powell said...

those are SO good! You are doing awesome.

Katie and Christopher said...

Thank you! Here is the website for the Jan. 25th workshop: http://barcamp.org/PhotoCampHouston
Let me know if you want me to sign you up!

GW-Images said...

Katie, I hope you do not mind but I have posted a link to your photographs on my GW's Learning Critique blog.

I spend a good deal of time looking at photographs on the various forums and blogs. Among the photographs that I see are many senior portraits. When I saw your portraits this morning I was blown away, absolutely beautiful use of the light, backgrounds, angles. A very creative approach. You have done a wonderful job of capturing the personalities of these young people. More importantly they are sticking in their wholesomeness.

I may have just lost my title of the photographer in the family. But that is okay. I can't think of anyone that I would rather have dethroned me. LOL Although I cannot believe you did it with a Canon. That hurts. LOL

If you have read any of my photographic philosophies there is one that states that every photograph makes two statements, one about the subject one about the photographer. These photographs speak very highly of the values of both.

The Allen's said...

katie, these are so great. you obviously have a natural knack for photography. can't wait to see how you progress and how much you will learn! maybe we should book a session now before you get all booked!